Thursday, August 14, 2014

Céline Dion halts career

The superstar vocalist is cancelling shows that were slated through March 22, 2015, including a tour of Asia planned for the fall and regular shows at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.

Show organizers say the singer also has not recovered from an illness that has inflamed her throat muscles and prevented performances in Las Vegas since July 29.




Her husband, Rene Angelil, 72, had surgery in December to remove a cancerous tumour from his throat. Prior to the surgery, Angelil had stepped aside as Dion's long-time manager. He had undergone treatment for throat cancer in 1999.

"I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband's healing, and to do so, it's important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children," Dion said in a statement.

"I also want to apologize to all my fans everywhere, for inconveniencing them, and I thank them so much for their love and support."



"Since René's surgery last December to remove a cancerous tumour, it's been a very difficult and stressful time for the couple as they deal with the day-to-day challenges of fighting this disease while trying to juggle a very active show business schedule, and raise their three young children."

"My husband is doing really well," she said. "He's working really hard on his health and he's being a dad at the house, which I'm really happy about."

Angélil and Dion have three young children, René-Charles, 13, and fraternal twins Eddy and Nelson, 3½.​



No comments:

Post a Comment