Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Taylor Swift's Shake it Off

Swift sports multiple personas in the music video, including one that is reminiscent of Lady Gaga. The song is an ode to the "haters" that Swift is shaking off -- and, of course, there is the dancing. Writing for USA Today, Brian Mansfield said Swift's message seems to be "Hate me all you want ... but you're missing all the fun."






"To be honest with you, it's kind of scary up here," she said from atop the Empire State Building before inviting fans inside, where she revealed the first of three surprises.

"I have a new song I'm going to play you in 30 seconds. The idea [behind the song is] that I've had to learn a pretty tough lesson in the last couple of years: People can say what they want about us, at any time ... and we cannot control that.

The only thing we can control is our reaction to it. I figure we have two options: We can let it change [us] ... option two is you just shake it off."



No comments:

Post a Comment